I know I just posted one of these (whoops– you can check it out here), but I swear there are reasons I’m back so soon. One is that I’m working on finishing up some products so I can do a June “empties” post, which means I have total justification for buying new ones to replace them (that’s how it works, right?) Of course I don’t want to actually finish anything till June, so I’ve been doing things like alternating body washes so one does finish up before then. Kinda cheating, but it means I’ll have a packed first post of things to share.
Anyway, my other reasons for all the goodies is really that it’s YOUR fault. I’ve started following various beauty blogs and YouTube channels and I keep hearing about things I must have, or realizing that I should probably start doing some things like moisturizing my face occasionally, so of course that sends me shopping again. I figure as long as I’m using and loving everything, I’m in good shape.
Here’s what I got:
- Sally Hansen Hard As Nails: This was on clearance and my index finger nails won’t stop chipping and breaking lately, so I figured it was worth a try. I’ll be using it as a base coat under my polishes, and for $3 it should manage to stop them from getting stained even if it doesn’t do as advertised (But I hope it does!)
- Maybelline Color Tattoo in Icy Mint: I must have seen half a dozen YouTube videos about the new limited edition Color Tattoo colours, everyone is in love with them, especially the blue Seashore Frost. I had looked for these last week, but they weren’t available. I went to the bigger Shoppers just to look for them again, and couldn’t find them! When I was checking out I mentioned it to the lady at the cosmetics desk and they had just gotten them in and hadn’t even really put them out yet. What’s more, is they had only gotten 2 of each colour, and it turned out, only gotten 3 colours at all. The other two were white-ish shades, and though I wanted the Seashore, Icy Mint was really pretty and probably looks better on my hazel eyes. Now that I have worn this shadow, well, I have thoughts. May have to do a review and share them.
- Tresemme Tres Two Hair Spray: Another product I’d heard lots of good things about. My current “hair spray” is almost done, but it’s actually an anti-humidity spray and doesn’t actually help when I straighten my hair. I don’t do that often, but I know I’ll be reaching for this when I do. It’ll be nice to have something with good hold, especially during our humid summers.
- Yes To Tomatoes Clearing Lotion: I was actually looking for a night-time moisturizer, since I don’t currently use one, but I have oily skin, and was having a hard time. I picked up the Yes To Cucumbers lotion because I wanted something natural, but it was full of oils, and the lady at the cosmetics counter helped me decide on this one instead. It’s fine that it’s not specific for night-time since I can moisturize in the mornings as well!
- L’Oreal Colour Riche Balm in Nourishing Nude and Tender Mauve: Oh man, I love my Nourishing Nude. It’s a slightly tinted lip balm that makes your lips look natural but better, and I am just finishing up my tube from last summer. When I saw these were a few dollars off I ended up being unable to restrain myself from picking up my standard as well as a new shade with a bit more pink to it, Tender Mauve. Both have SPF 15 and are moisturizing, so great for the summer.
- L’Oreal Total Repair Replenishing Detangling Care and Mask: Another product about to run out of mine is my detangler, and I’m not in love with the one I have, so for $4 I decided to give this new one a try. I’ve also been hearing lots about “hair masks” and decided to give this one (also on sale for $4) a try. I’m totally a believer. Anyway when checking out the cosmetics lady told me these are the two products she uses and loves, which was definitely a good sign!
- L’Oreal Infallible The Super Slim Liquid Eyeliner: This had been mentioned as “must buy” by Claire over at Bicoastally on her instagram and I loved the look she was wearing, so much so that I somehow believed I could had a liquid liner because it’s a felt pen… the idea is great, and it’s for sure easier than normal liquid liner, but let’s just say I need a lot more practice… Also apparently loved it so much I bought 2 (there were bonus points involved, and a potential giveaway or I may return the second one this week, haven’t decided yet!)
Overall, a great batch of products, many of which I’m already loving (it’s Monday and I bought these on Saturday.) One of the things I only just discovered last week was that when you check out at the cosmetics counter of Shoppers Drugmart you can get all kinds of awesome samples to try out. I love samples, so I’m really excited by this, since I usually pick cosmetics almost every time I go to Shoppers, meaning I can pay at the cosmetics counter, which is awesome. Here’s what I ended up with this week:
A great batch of samples, although the weird thing is that several of my samples appear to be a least partially used. For example, check out the Valentino perfume? Is it supposed to be that low? The sunscreen also felt basically empty when I used it on Sunday… But here’s what I got:
- Clarins Ultra Matte Balancing Lotion: Can always use products for oily skin, and it was great of the lady to throw it in, since I had mentioned that problem earlier.
- Estee Lauder Sensuous Nude, Valentino Valentina, Chanel Chance: Three perfumes, the Valentino one in particular the girl said she loved, and I can always have fun testing these out.
- Vichy Capital Soleil SPF 45: Perfect time of year for sunscreen, I tried this out on Sunday and loved it even though the tube felt way too empty, there is hopefully still more in there I can test out again.
Definitely a productive and fun shopping trip! It was great to do it in person, because so many of my orders are online, including upcoming ELF and iHerb hauls, so I think it’ll be awhile before I’m back to Shoppers. In the meantime, I’ll be enjoying testing out all these new products.
Have you been shopping lately? Do you have a favourite new product or something you’re really excited to test out? Let me know! Also if you have a good sunscreen recommendation for oil skin, please help!