In addition to reviews, I’m trying to do more themed posts here on Writing Whimsy and one of my first ideas was Scents for Spring. I have been reviewing quite a few fragrances lately, and I love it, but I thought a roundup post like this might be helpful as a way to summarize my top picks if you’re looking for a spring scent. My favourite Scents for Spring are light, fresh, clean. They are fruity and floral, scents that make me think of new flowers and sunshine coming through the clouds. I’ve narrowed it down to 6 picks plus a bonus (a Limited Edition I don’t think you can get your hands on anymore).
1. Chloe Eau de Parfum* (review): This scent is one of the more mature ones I’ve included in Scents for Spring, but there’s still something youthful about the mix of peony, rose and cedar. It’s a fresh garden scent that would smell good on women of any age, and it’s the kind of fragrance that’s quite natural. Chloe Eau de Parfum leaves behind the kind of scent that I wish I could smell like without perfume–clean, simple, feminine.
2. Philosophy Amazing Grace* (review): This is a lovely and inoffensive scent, it’s not my favourite out of the ones I’ve included but it is incredibly wearable. It’s a light floral with a hint of musk, like floral blossoms just opening, that’s perfect for spring although not incredibly long-lasting.
3. Anna Sui La Vie De Boheme* (review): I don’t know if I am more obsessed with the packaging or the scent of this perfume. It’s a sparkling rose and pear scent that smells so fresh and delicious, dragonfruit mixed with a soft vanilla. The mix of floral and fruit result in something slightly sweet and fresh, perfect for the start of warm weather.
4. Demeter Fragrance Apple Blossom* (review): This is probably the juiciest fragrance on my Scents for Spring list, like a ripe apple, but there’s still floral mixed in. It’s a delicious and affordable perfume, although it does have to be reapplied throughout the day.
5. Daisy Marc Jacobs Delight Edition Eau de Toilette Spray* (LE) (review): As you can tell from the bottle photo, I’ve already been reaching for this quite a bit as it made it into my March Favourites. It’s a Limited Edition scent intended for spring, and it’s one I’m pretty obsessive over because it smells SO good. There’s a juicy apple combined with fresh freesia, and over time more of a woody note develops, making it perfect for the season when flowers are just starting to emerge. Even the packaging screams spring!
6. Katy Perry Killer Queen Oh So Sheer* (LE) (review): Another Limited Edition spring scent, this is definitely worth checking out before it disappears. It’s another fruity sweet scent with a hint of floral (yes, there’s a bit of a trend in my Scents for Spring), that combines wild berries and plum with jasmine and caramel, resulting in a fragrance that is just as gorgeous as the bottle it comes in.
BONUS. The Body Shop Lychee Blossom (LE): I didn’t review this/officially include it because it’s sadly no longer for sale, and apparently it was a limited edition way back in 2010, but if you grabbed it then, awesome job because it’s delicious. This smells like the sweetness of lychee and fresh florals with a bit of something tart and a very soft musk note as well. It’s great for sunny spring days, whenever you happen to have those. The current LE scent from The Body Shop is Early-Harvest Raspberry, and although I haven’t grabbed it yet, I have heard it’s delicious.
Well, those are my picks! What are your favourite Scents for Spring?