Sample Killah Week Two was much better than Week One (you can check out that update here) because at least I had electricity for most of it! I haven’t been totally overboard with my samples for the sake of using them, but I am making an effort to replace full size products with samples when I get the chance and it’s nice to be making a dent in my stash. I should probably make this a summer-long thing, so maybe you will see Sample Killah updates even after July is over!
Sample Killah Week Two was similar to Week One in terms of what products I used up, some moisturizer, some haircare, some fragrance. I do have a ton of perfume samples so even just using up a couple is nice, I have so many full size scents I love it’s nice to test out some new ones. Another idea I’m thinking of is a monthly post filled with tiny reviews (one or two lines) of sample fragrances I’ve used up throughout the month. What do you think?
To get a round up of everyone that participated last week, make sure to check out Kalyn’s Lord Week Two post here and scroll down and keep reading if you want to see the ridiculous number of samples she managed to finish again.
- Crest 3D White Strips– These are the 30 minute ones and I have a two hour packet too but I found my teeth getting sensitive even after just thirty minutes so I’m not sure how it will go. I think I maybe saw a slight difference? Hard to tell, but I’ll take what I can get when it comes to whitening my teeth.
- Lush Alkmaar Soap– I got a couple little slivers of soap in online orders I’ve made from Lush, which is a really nice way to try them out, and based on my single use of this one it’s very moisturizing and creamy and I really like it! Although that’s probably not a surprise… Apparently it’s not available anymore though.
- Burt’s Bees Intense Hydration Day Lotion– I love these little Burt’s Bees pots, and the lotion inside is really nice too. It’s a bit heavy for what I need during the day but I applied to my legs and elbows at night.
- Kiehl’s Creme de Corps– Something about thick yellow lotion reminds me of margarine but it is really nice and moisturizing.
- Algenist Eye Renewal Balm– Not much you can tell about skincare with a foilie, but it didn’t do any harm.
- Pantene Age Defy Shampoo and Conditioner– Seemed nice enough?
- La Coupe Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner– All the haircare is starting to blur together, but I think I really liked these and they made my hair shiny.
- Julep Luxe Repair– Did not realize this was 100% liquid and made a mess everywhere, not sure how you’re supposed to just apply a tiny bit when it’s in a packet like this, but I used it over my face and arms and did not notice an overnight difference.
- Coach Poppy Blossom– I have this and the pink one (Flower, which will be in the next update) and they are both great fruity, summery scents! I don’t need to purchase any more fragrance but these are delicious.
- Killer Queen Katy Perry– I think I have one more of these left somewhere, but same thoughts as last week. Lovely but wintery.
- Dior Poison– I got this in a swap as an extra and I think it either leaked in transit or was already basically empty, so I could only spray it once. It was really strong and not for me.
Sample Killah Week Two: 12
Total Kill Count: 17
Are you participating in Sample Killah? Let me know so I can check out your post if you are, and check back in a week for another update!