I MADE IT. Sample Killah is officially over and I seemed to have pulled myself together in week four for a pretty good finish! That said I have made a choice to continue on with the sample annihilation for the next four weeks because honestly while I’m almost done some samples (shampoo for example) I still have about a litre of self-tanner I’ve avoided using and some other things I want to dig into. I find the weekly updates fun and motivating, so let me know what you think and if you want MORE SAMPLE KILLAH.
Can I just say these updates and photos are a lot easier when I only finished a few samples? Unfortunately for that, this week was a major success for me, but it’s good to end July with a successful week (+3 since there were a bonus batch of days included in this last “week”).
- Vidal Sassoon Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner– always hard to test with only a couple washes but it seemed nice enough.
- Skiin Soothing & Smoothing Eye Cream– this was an old Beauty Box 5 sample that was a little bit used up and I couldn’t really got much out of at this point so yeah, it was a weird pearly consistency that I didn’t exactly like.
- The Spa Collection Hair & Body Gel With Lemon Grass x2— go these at some hotel, they had a great scent although I’m not sure about the consistency.
- Sephora Most Loved Scents– a cute little brochure to smell things. They smelled nice.
- Bask Heavenly Silk Daily Skin Nourishing Moisturizer— this was okay, it did a good job moisturizing but the scent was a bit old lady. Also from BB5.
- Living Proof Prime Style Extender— it tells you to apply generously and the sample packet was pretty generous but… I think it was too much. I could feel it on my hair and I didn’t like it.
- Julep Luxe Care Hand Cream– okay but nothing amazing.
- John Freida Frizz Ease Thermal Protection Serum– I have been straightening my hair quite a bit lately so it needs all the protection it can get and I think this provided that! Hard to know?
- Givenchy Very Irresistible EdT— This was weird cause it was a sachet of perfume liquid and that made it difficult to apply but it smelled very nice.
- Aveeno Positively Nourishing Calming Body Wash– I finished up two Aveeno products this week and I actually really like both of them, they had nice scents and left my skin feeling soft. Unfortunately I don’t need to purchase either body wash or lotion for about 400 years, but if I did I would definitely consider this brand… whereas in the past I sorta just thought they looked boring in the drugstore. Sample mission success.
- Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion– See above.
- John Freida Touchably Full Shampoo and Conditioner— my hair hates this cause it does not need volume. I think I am done my samples now.
- Vichy Capital Soleil Sheer Lotion SPF 45 Bare Skin Feel— just a little sunscreen which in retrospect may have expired… but it felt alright on the skin and I am definitely interested in the brand Vichy.
- Sparklehearts Sweet Hearts Sparkly Body Lotion– I sorta avoided this because it has the word sparkles twice in the name and I love sparkles but not in lotion. However it was actually just a bit shimmery and worked fine on my legs, however I think it might have gone off a bit as the smell was strange. I have a few more I’ll have to test out and use up as soon as possible.
- Burt’s Bees Intense Hydration Night Cream— This was too heavy for my face but worked nice on my arms!
- Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation (Nude)- For a random sample, this was not a bad shade match (maybe a little dark) and it did that cool cream-to-powder foundation thing everyone is talking about and I really liked the finish! This is actually the first thing I’ve tried from the brand, but I want more…
And here’s the total massacre after one month (need a bigger space to take photos):
Sample Killah Week Four: 20
Total Kill Count: 49!
If I had known my results I would have somehow finished one more… but apparently my original goal was 30 so I definitely blew it away and I’m happy with all I used!