Sometimes, it might seem like I go on vacation just so I can get Chelle from Makeup Your Mind to guest post for me. It’s a pretty awesome benefit. Today is my last day in Montreal before I head off to Phoenix, Arizona tomorrow (any recommendations? Let me know!) and it also happens to be New Year’s Eve. If you need a little help with your makeup for this evening, keep reading to find out how Chelle created this stunning GLITTERY look!
I’m baaaaaaack! So, last year I did a cool-toned rainbow look for Zoë while she was away in Peru and she put it up as her New Year’s Eve post. This year, I’m back with another one! Zoë told me glitter… and that’s what I went with!
By the way, my name’s Chelle, and you can find me regularly over on my own blog Makeup Your Mind. I like bright colours and glitter, and I’m not afraid to use them together! 😉
After priming my eyelids, I applied NYX‘s Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Black Bean all over the lid and blended out the edges. Then:
- I deepened my almost non-existent crease (thanks hooded lids) with MAC‘s Cork.
- I covered the entire lid with Urban Decay‘s Blackout, making sure to blend it into Cork.
- I then patted on Lit Cosmetics’ glitter in Disco Diva using their glitter adhesive.
- MAC‘s Blanc Type is on the brow bone to even everything out.
- On the inner corner, I blended together Naked Cosmetics IV-05 and IV-03 and patted it on.
I created the inner corner point with Kat Von D‘s Tattoo Liner in Trooper, thinly lining my upper lash line with it as well. I tightlined my water lines with Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon in Blacquer and applied essence get big! lashes waterproof mascara to my lashes. I lined my lower lash line Lit Cosmetics Peacock glitter.
- Foundation: Revlon Colorstay in 200 Nude
- Bronzer: Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil
- Blush: Hourglass Diffused Heat
- Highlighter: Make Up For Ever Pro Sculpting Duo #1 (highlighting shade)
- Lips: Sephora Good Fairy lipgloss
I hope you liked what I came up with. Tell us what your plans are for New Year’s Eve, or what kind of makeup you like to wear on that day!
Thanks so much to Chelle for stopping by, and make sure to visit Makeup Your Mind for more colourful inspiration. While you’re here, you can also check out her new year’s post from last year as well as this amazing unicorn-inspired post she did in September. My NYE may involve a good book, but that doesn’t mean I’m not tempted to try this glam makeup look myself…