Well, I was sorta good this weekend? I didn’t head to Shoppers again… but I was at the mall, and so was David’s Tea and Lush, so this happened:
I had purchased from Lush once before, but it’s so expensive, I really don’t know if it’s worth it or not. This time I did want to test out a bath product or two though, because that’s what they are known for. I’ll have a few luxurious baths, and we’ll see how it goes. And of course I can’t resist tea.
From David’s Tea:
- Cocoa Canela: a mate tea that is supposed to take a lot like spicy Mexican hot chocolate. I tried a mate tea once before (Chocolate Rocket, also from DavidsTea) and loved it, so hopefully I enjoy this one. They give you a great feeling of energy without the jitteriness of caffeine.
- Stormy Night: this is a black tea that may be going off to a friend instead (but I’m pretty sure she doesn’t read my blog, so no worries!) I intentionally picked out both teas without artificial flavours, because I recently learned that many/most of David’s Teas have them and that concerns me a bit. The teas were 2 for $5 (each was 25 g) so I think it’s a great way to sample them. This one is chocolate, cinnamon, coconut and vanilla.
- Mumkin: That creepy little thing is a limited edition creation that creates “fluffy raspberry bubbles” for the bath, and also contains bergamot, lemon and violet leaf oil. It smells deliciously of raspberry, and I should be able to break it up and get a few uses out of it. It is pretty breakable though and when I looked online there was supposed to be a leaf attached and even when I tried to pose the Mumkin on its own, a chocolate eyeball fell out. The real test will be how it fares in the bath though!
- The Mum: This is another limited edition product that was almost sold out because it’s for mother’s day, it’s a reusable bubble bar made with lime, bergamot and juniper berry oils. For those familiar with Lush, this is the same scent as the Green Bubbleroon. You run it under the water for bubbles, and let it dry between uses. It smells clean and refreshing and I think it’s a great choice for those warm summer nights. It’s still available online if you’re interested.
- Six samples so I could test out their shampoos and conditioners (as well as a body lotion I loved but is way too expensive probably, and a hair treatment that again, would be 3 treatments for about $25, but I can test out a tiny bit of my hair and see.) The samples were: Happy Happy Joy Joy Conditioner, Vanilla Delite Lotion, Curly Wurly Shampoo, Cynthia Sylvia Stout Shampoo, American Cream Condition, Jasmin & Henna Fluff Ease Treatment. Their products are expensive, but I do love that Lush gives you samples to test things out before you buy.
Overall, some fun shopping this weekend, nothing nicer than a bubbly bath and tea, especially given the crazy school-related stress I’m under. I’m hoping things go well this week for me and my bubble bath will be celebratory, because I can really use it.
How do you relax after a stressful day? Does it involve tea and bubbles? I’m halfway through my two bottles of bubble bath, and can always use more tea, so any recommendations for either item are definitely appreciated!