This post is a bit later than I hoped, but I think it’s the perfect start to December to share my experience at the PC Holiday Party and some of the wonderful #HolidayMustTry products they have launched. Because nothing says holiday season like delicious food and friends! I mean, just check out Suzi, Kayla and I in our matching H&M Holiday sweaters (Kayla wore it to the party, Suzi and I purchased immediately afterwards because it has cat unicorns on it so obviously…)
Although PC does an amazing job with gluten-free products, I couldn’t eat everything at the party, but I will share my snapshots regardless in case you can. It looked and smelled amazing!
I definitely did dive into some of the cheese and meats, since PC makes some of my favourite rice crackers with Nori Flavour and Brown Rice. And they have PC Aged 5 Years Canadian Cheddar Cheese, which is so good you’ll hate having to put it out to share, but it pairs perfectly with the PC Splendid Antipasto Misto, which I loved. I also devoured a delicious dip, but I’ll share that along with the recipe at the end of this post!
The main dishes included Honey Bacon Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing (YUM) made with the new PC Honey & Sea Salt Flavour Naturally Smoked Bacon…it’s so good! There was also an egg and brioche dish because you can now buy a PC Brioche Loaf that looks amazing! The wonderful chef of the evening, Kathy Jollimore, prepared me a gluten-free version and it was really tasty as well.
It’s not a holiday party without dessert, and we had plenty. Whether you make sure of some of the delicious cookies available from PC and add your own filling–I’m obsessed with their PC Fudge Crackle Candy Cane Ice Cream after trying it for the first time at the party–or make a beautiful Caramelized White Chocolate Mille Feuille like Chef Jollimore did, or decide to stick to a prepared option (like one of their delicious gluten-free cakes!), PC has you covered. Yum!
Shockingly, my favourite dish from the evening was actually not dessert but this AMAZING Smoked Cheddar and Ghost Pepper Bacon Dip, featuring the PC Sweet Ghost Pepper Naturally Smoked Bacon and PC Smoke Flavoured Cheddar Cheese. It was SO GOOD, I had to share the recipe so that you can try it at home. This recipe is thanks to PC.ca/insiders, where you can find it, and plenty more holiday recipes and inspiration!
PC Smoked Cheddar and Ghost Pepper Bacon Dip
- 4 slices PC® Sweet Ghost Pepper Naturally Smoked Bacon
- 1-½ cups (375 mL) shredded PC® Smoke Flavoured Cheddar Cheese
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh chives
- 1 pkg (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) PC® Old-Fashioned Dijon Prepared Mustard
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place bacon in cold skillet. Cook over medium heat, turning often, until golden and crispy, 7 to 8 minutes. Transfer to paper towel-lined cutting board to drain. Discard paper towel; finely chop bacon.
- Transfer 1 tbsp bacon to small bowl; stir in 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese and 1 tbsp chives. Set aside.
- Stir together cream cheese, sour cream, mustard, Worcestershire, cayenne pepper and remaining bacon, 1-¼ cups Cheddar cheese and 2 tbsp chives in large bowl until well combined. Transfer to 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate, smoothing top. Sprinkle with reserved bacon mixture.
- Bake until golden and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Chef’s Tip: Serve with toasted sliced baguette, sliced apples and your favourite PC crackers.
Of course, PC sent us home with some delicious goodies, including micro greens from Good Leaf Farms right here in Nova Scotia–I adore those baby Pea Shoots–and the new PC Dry-Rubbed Hardwood-Smoked Chicken wings, which would make an amazing appetizer. A final product I have to mention? PC Pomegranate Arils; I had purchased them 3 times before receiving this bag, because I adore pomegranate but hate all the work. I will definitely be buying them frozen from now on!
Honestly, hosting a holiday party is a lot of work but PC certainly makes it easier with these delicious new products and recipes. I definitely recommend checking them out in store; I have two holiday parties next weekend so I will definitely be making a visit myself!
Have you tried any of the new PC holiday launches? Would you eat the dip? You don’t have to, I’m happy not to share….