As soon as I knew I’d need help keep Writing Whimsy busy while I was away in Peru, I reached out to Chelle from Makeup Your Mind, who does amazing makeup looks with a rainbow of eyeshadow shades. I figured, what better time to share her post than just in time for New Year’s Eve, if there’s ever a day to go all out, it’s tonight! I’ll be spending today in the Amazon, which is perfect given the colourful look on the blog!
When Zoe asked me to do a guest blog post for her site it was impossible to resist. This woman is lovely – she has something nice to say to everyone and makes an effort to interact with people. She’s a warm and welcoming person, and really, who can say no to someone like that?
So enjoy your trip to Peru Zoe, I’ve got you covered for today.
As a quick introduction, my name is Chelle and I’m (yet another) beauty blogger on the interwebs. If you so desire, you can check me out on Makeup Your Mind.
I did struggle a bit with this palette. I tried the look without an eye primer and it just wasn’t working so I had to re-do it. In the end I applied both NARS Smudeproof Eyeshadow Base as well as Urban Decay’s Primer Potion. Once that was on, I also applied NYX’s Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk because the shadows just wouldn’t stick to my lid without that extra bit of help.
- Teal on the inner half of the lid.
- Blue on the outer half of the lid.
- Purple through the crease and used to line the lower lashline.
- Light pink shade at the top of the crease to lightly blend out the purple.
- Pale peach to highlight the brow.
- Naked Cosmetics Ivory stack in the green reflect shade on the inner tearduct.
I used Kat Von D’s Tattoo Liner in Trooper to create the winged liner and applied Benefit’s They’re Real mascara to my lashes. On my eyebrows is Anastasia’s Dipbrow Pomade in Blonde.
- Foundation: CoverGirl Tone Rehab 2-in-1 (CC Cream) in 110 Classic Ivory
- Bronzer: Tarte Park Avenue Princess
- Blush: Tarte Dollface
- Highlighter: MAC Soft & Gentle Mineralize Skinfinish
- Lips: essence Wear Berries!
I hope you enjoyed the blast of colour! One thing’s for sure, it’ll get you noticed!