In January, Clinique launched several new, permanent colour-themed palettes including Pinks, Nudes, Greens, Blues, and finally, the focus of today’s review, Clinique All About Shadow 8-Pan Palette in Wear Everywhere Greys*.
The Clinique All About Shadow 8-Pan Palette in Wear Everywhere Greys is one of the smallest palettes I own. It is extremely slim and compact despite offering 8 shadows–it’s actually exactly the same size as the MAKE UP FOR EVER Midnight Glow Palette, for comparison. It has a mirrored packaging, which looks very sleek although it is a little fingerprint friendly. The inside of the lid is also (duh) a mirror and there’s a double-ended foam applicator.
- Seashell Pink: this satin pinkish grey is a lovely brow bone shade with a very creamy, smooth formula
- High Tea (New): an easy favourite from the palette, I love this creamy satin matte taupe for, well, anything
- Mushroom (New): a gorgeous greyish taupe that is super shimmery but the formula is a little hard so it looks prettier in the swatch than it translated (with a brush) onto the lid
- Gray Matters (New): a dark satin matte grey, I found the pigmentation a little patchy, although it still applied nicely
- Sugar Cane: an incredibly shimmery sparkly icy white, I like using this one to brighten the inner corner
- Silver Lining: a very shimmery silver, this was a little sheer still fairly creamy
- Stormy (New): a dark, slightly shimmery brown, it swatched a little patchy was great on the lid
- Stroke of Midnight: the near black matte, with an imperfect formula that was slightly patchy but still quite good compared to similar shades
Overall, the formula on the Clinique All About Shadow 8-Pan Palette in Wear Everywhere Greys shadows was good, but not flawless. They can be a little hard, but they do still blend and apply really nicely. I think it’s a very unique take on the neutral-loving trend, as the shadows are all grey-inspired while still be extremely wearable.
I tried my own look wearing several of the shades in the Clinique All About Shadow 8-Pan Palette in Wear Everywhere Greys. In the above photos I’m wearing Seashell Pink on the brow bone, Mushroom on the lid, Sugar Cane on the inner corner and Stormy in the crease with a touch of Silver Lining all over for extra sparkle. Unfortunately, I found that the shadows were not incredibly long lasting on the lid, and I would recommend primer. The less shimmery shades, like Stormy, definitely fared better.
You can probably tell, I’m a little lukewarm about the Clinique All About Shadow 8-Pan Palette in Wear Everywhere Greys. I think these shadows are decent, with a great shade selection and a few standout favourites like High Tea, but primer would definitely be helpful with these shadows, especially if you have oily lids. In comparison, I have also been testing out the Pinks palette–and I adore it. I definitely have my eye on the Greens option next!
What do you think of the Clinique All About Shadow 8-Pan Palette in Wear Everywhere Greys?